The Quality Mark in Youth Work
“The Quality Mark in Youth Work” is a mobility project that will take place in Trikala, Greece, from 6th to 13th December 2016 and It will bring together 31 participants from EU countries and one non EU, in particular from: Malta, Slovenia, Spain, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Greece, Romania, Poland and Turkey. It aims at combining new aspects in managing youth organisations by using coaching techniques as a methodology. The project wants to support youth workers and offer them theoretical and practical tools to work with and use when training young people. Therefore, the main objectives of the project are following:
– sharing experiences that help to improve organisation management;
– identify all fundamentals that influence organisation management , project managemet i, decision making process;
– hand over competences to the participants and stimulate a new way of thinking regarding management of youth organisation and realise quality projects in the field of young people;
– establish a partnership with all partner involved;
– create a booklet regarding organisation management in youth organisation;
– support quality and innovative projects that match needs of young people;
– promote projects that foster partecipation and active citizenship of young people;
– boost intercultural dialogue;-empower new generation of facilitators and youth workers.
The methodology and type of activities will be mainly related to non formal education, coaching, self-expression, simulation games, peer to peer, learning by doing and experimental learning. The important part is that participants are creating the outcome by themselves through their participation and involvement. The result we aim to achieve is to put developed practice and work-forms into book which will be published and spread through project partners and other networks. Once the training is over, participants will implement activities in their own communities and share the information acquired during the course. The ultimate goal of the project is to challenge the traditional ways to manage youth organisation while combining various approaches and bring together different stakeholders. In this way, we strongly believe that we can propose innovative work-forms for facilitators and fellow trainers which can be used in organisation management .