EU is home to over 33 million people born outside the EU. In addition, the most recent Eurostat figures show that there are more than 17 million citizens who switched their country of birth within the EU. On the other side , the conflicts in the Middle East who doesn’t seem to stop are forcing the people to seek safety in EU as refugees. According to UNHCR stats, there are nearly 5 million Syrian refugees registered who are displaced or changed their location because of the Syrian crisis which started in 2011. We as youth organizations working with this target group believe that the current situation can be improved by learning non formal methods and pedagogical approaches which will be implemented directly by the youth workers who are working with young refugees on a daily basis in the refugee camps , houses and cities where the young refugees are mostly situated. Because of their current situation, we believe that the best way for their inclusion is engaging them in various non formal and experiential learning methods, where by interactive activities they will socialize with other young people, learn new things including the language of the country as most important thing for inclusion ) increase their skills and improve their attitude which will help them grow as a healthy and happy human beings.
Overall aim : Improving competencies and bringing creative non formal experiential learning methods and pedagogical approaches among the youth workers for better inclusion of young migrants and refugees
Objectives of the project:
- To equip 31 youth workers with creative and innovative non formal and experiential learning methods, pedagogical approaches , and tools for facilitating educational activities with young migrants and refugees
- To increase the capacities of the participating organizations for working with young migrants and refugees
- To improve the knowledge and skills of the youth workers on how to stimulate increasing the equity, solidarity, support and respect of the basic Human Rights principles by the local communities to the young refugees and migrants
- To improve the competencies of the youth workers for directly working on field with young migrants and refugees
- To increase the international cooperation and initiate common projects among the youth workers involved in working with young migrants and refugees
- To learn how and prepare new innovative projects for decreasing the problems of the migrants and refugees
Location: Goersdorf, France
Date: 25th september – 2nd october 2021
Have these plans gotten you all excited? Register now! All costs, i.e.: travel, training costs, food and hotel accommodation, are reimbursed by the European Union. (Travel costs are reimbursed up to €180,- p.p., This includes the mandatory PCR test)
There are a few requirements to participate:
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be proficient in the English language
- You must be living in the Netherlands or be in possession of a Dutch proof of identity.
- You must be in possession of a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
- You must be willing to be filmed during the sessions and workshops of the activities
- And to be a broad-minded person who can work together in a group
- The form below must be completed