Every year, an average of 30 million people in the world are forced to leave their country or city for compulsory reasons such as natural disasters and civil war. According to the 2018 report of the International Organization for Migration, there are around 258 million international immigrants worldwide. According to the UN refugee organization UNHCR, there were 5 refugees/asylum seekers per thousand inhabitants in the Netherlands in 2015. This corresponds to approximately 3.3% of the world’s population. According to the report of the United Nations High Commissioner, 68.5 million people are refugees/asylum seekers worldwide as of 2018. If we look at the European dimension of statistics; Europe is home to about one-third of the world’s immigrant population, around 75 million people. 4% of this population, on average, 3 million are refugees/asylum seekers. According to the data shared by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees; More than 3.6 million Syrians, 169 thousand Afghan citizens, 143 thousand Iraqi citizens, 35 thousand Iranian citizens, 4 thousand 800 Somali citizens, 10 thousand refugees, which is a substantial number of approximately 3.9 million shelter in Turkey. This population causes many problems in economic, social and cultural areas
Objectives of the project:
Location: Oldemarkt, Netherlands
Date: 26th november – 3rd december 2021
Have these plans gotten you all excited? Register now! All costs, i.e.: travel, training costs, food and hotel accommodation, are reimbursed by the European Union. (Travel costs are reimbursed)
There are a few requirements to participate:
- Participants must be between 18 and 30 years old.
- You must be proficient in the English language
- You must be living in the Netherlands or be in possession of a Dutch proof of identity.
- You must be in possession of a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
- You must be willing to be filmed during the sessions and workshops of the activities
- And to be a broad-minded person who can work together in a group
- The form below must be completed