The focus is to strengthen this role of youth work in the context of increasing religious and political radicalism in today’s societies in Europe and its neighbouring regions. The virulent spread of the violent extremism presents serious threat to the security of the societies and the democratic values they are based on. Young people, in particular marginalized youth are the main target of the propaganda of the extreme ideologies. Youth associations should play active role and contribute to the efforts of the states and the international community in building resistance to extremist narratives at individual and community level. For these reasons, we young people from 8 European and neighboring countries have initiated a project that aims to contribute to deconstruction of the extremist narratives and diminish the space for spread of violent extremism. By promoting critical thinking, media literacy and coordinated campaigning through the social media, we will reach numerous young people at risk of radicalization, raise awareness on the present risk and will work together with them to deconstruct the extremist narratives, their roots, causes and manipulations. The overall objective of the project is to improve the quality of youth work in preventing violent extremism and youth radicalization.
Objectives of the project:
- equip a group of youth workers from seven European countries with advanced knowledge and skills on how to promote critical thinking and increase media literacy among marginalized youth at higher risk of youth radicalization;
- promote innovative methods and tools for deconstructing extremist narrative;
- contribute at building resistance to violent extremism and individual and community level;
- promote joint initiatives of youth association and other stakeholders in preventing youthradicalization;
- foster intercultural dialogue;
Location: Antalya, Turkey
Date: 9th – 15th of June 2021
Have these plans gotten you all excited? Register now! All costs, i.e.: travel, training costs, food and hotel accommodation, are reimbursed by the European Union.
There are a few requirements to participate:
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be proficient in the English language.
- You must be living in the Netherlands or be in possession of a Dutch proof of identity.
- You must be in possession of a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
- You must be willing to be filmed during the sessions and workshops of the activities
- And to be a broad-minded person who can work together in a group
- The form below must be completed