Autism seems to occur more and more every day. Today, 1 in 55 children born in Europe is at risk for autism. One in 50 children in our country has the risk of being autism. If there is no early intervention, the distance between the autistic children and their peers increases rapidly.
Autism influences the lives of the individual and his family in a very serious way. For this reason, micro-level projects are needed for this important social problem.
Objectives of the project:
The main objective of the project is to improve the competences of young people and youth workers who work with these children in order to develop their social and psychomotor skills and to become more involved in social life.
For youth workers;
- Increase the ability of youth workers to provide self-care skills through physical activities to mild autistic children.
- Youth workers show the barriers of play, socialization and communication skills of (slightly) autistic children and how they can overcome these barriers with sport.
- Lead good practices in partner countries among partner organizations.
Location: Oldemarkt, Overijssel, The Netherlands
Date: November 29 to December 6
Have these plans gotten you all excited? Register now! All costs, i.e.: travel, training costs, food and hotel accommodation, are reimbursed by the European Union.
There are a few requirements to participate:
- Participants must be between 18 and 30 years old.
- You must be proficient in the English language
- You must be living in the Netherlands or be in possession of a Dutch proof of identity
- You must be willing to be filmed during the sessions and workshops of the activities
- And to be a broad-minded person who can work together in a group
- The attached form must be completed.
1 Group leader – no age limit
4 Youth from 18 to 30 years – A youth with (mild) autism
The official language of the exchange is English, so it is important that all participants can communicate in English efficiently. All participants must have EHIC (European Health Insurance Card).
Each participant must complete an application form that is sent to partners together with this information package. Participants must bring a smile, positive energy and creativity to the event, as well as some traditional food and drinks for the international evening!
- Do not use a taxi, it is not eligible for reimbursement.
- NEVER lose your boarding passes, e-tickets, bus / train tickets. You cannot be reimbursed without boarding documents. YOU WILL BE PAID ACCORDING TO TRAVEL COSTS DURING THE PROJECT.
- Insurance is not eligible. Take care of health insurance and travel insurance from your own budget. It is vital for you.
- There must be a gender balance. Participants cannot all be male or joint.
- Prepare some presentations for an intercultural evening. you can post some pictures about your culture, songs, famous people etc …
- Bring national drinks, food, national clothing etc … for an intercultural evening. But please not just alcoholic drinks.
- Take photos, newspapers, booklets, brochures, etc. for the NGO fair. you get stands and you tell visitors about your organization. Make a presentation about your NGO / group.
- Maximum travel costs does not mean that you can use all travel costs. If your costs are a maximum of 275 euros, you do not have to spend everything. For instance; if your flight is 150 euros and you have 275 euros to travel, you cannot buy a business class to use all the money. The most economical vehicle is the eligible vehicle. So please do not choose your vehicle without asking us.
- Rooms can be 2-3-4-5-6 and can be mixed with other countries according to the conditions for cultural integration.
- Travel expenses are paid into an account specified by the organization after the following have been drawn up:
- sending return tickets and boarding passes both by e-mail (photo of return tickets and boarding passes) as mail to the organizer address.
- make news about the project outputs and publish them on a website of facebookgroep or on any page of media and send links to us.
- fill in the mobility tool questionnaire
- Selection of seats, food, drinks on the plane is not eligible.
If you need to contact the emergency number in the Netherlands, this number is 112.
For information and questions you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org