In a Europe that is constantly changing, with many different cultures, this training project aims at reducing racism and discrimination and promoting social inclusion, taking into account the priorities and opportunities that the Horizon 2020 program offers in social action and sustainable development goals (SDG) )). We will rely on the Entrecomp and Digcomp competency framework, as a tool to generate competencies that make us think and act in an entrepreneurial way.
This project focuses on the training of employees of youth organizations to inspire participants through future teaching methods to future employability and entrepreneurship projects. How you take responsibility for your own learning process (self-directed learning) is discussed. With this project we will support the future and present of employees of youth organizations in the development of specific capacities for entrepreneurship and employment.
The objectives of the project are:
- Offer practical tools to improve social employability and entrepreneurial skills in projects that support inclusion, diversity and equality.
- Support for the professional and personal development of young employees and youth trainers.
- Provide information and applicability to the Entrecomp and Digcomp competence framework.
- Publish the Horizon 2020 priorities, sustainable development objectives; and develop social inclusion initiatives in these areas.
- Provide useful tools and methods for use with the young people you work with, in international work with young people and in the context of ERASMUS + and the European Solidarity Corps.
- In action: explore and develop new initiatives for social entrepreneurship and employability in youth work.
Phases of the project
The project has 3 phases:
- the preparation phase
- the implementation of the main activities and
- phase of expansion of results and evaluation.
The activities will include dynamic and creative workshops aimed at raising awareness of diversity, equality and inclusion, and promoting social entrepreneurship. The activities will mainly focus on the training of trainers and facilitators of youth workers, using the non-formal education method. Because the project is also about the empowerment of intellectual capacities, through an educational process, the methodology fits the objectives of the project and the activities themselves. The activities of the project are complicated, so it starts with the basic principles general and very specific, which means that we start with the basic principles and the terms that introduce the individual points of all the above mentioned elements.
Participants in this project are youth workers, current and future, and young people, in the development of specific skills, focused on developing resources for diversity, inclusion, non-discrimination and the acquisition of skills that contribute to improving the quality of life through social entrepreneurship .
We want to emphasize participants who are:
- interested in the subject of the project
- able to identify and analyze the needs of young people in their local community
- willing to actively participate and share knowledge, expertise and positive energy with the rest of the participants.
- able to work in English
- familiar with the concept of non-formal education and self-directed learning
- be prepared to work with young people in the field of inclusion and diversity
- willing to continue and share the knowledge gained
In this project we will also include people with fewer opportunities, such as people from rural areas and areas with less suitable education systems, young people from regions with economic obstacles, social problems, young people who are unable to provide the desired education for financial reasons to give – choosing all these groups of participants will also have a chance to understand how to work with these specific groups of people and to break through personal barriers.
The project will meet the individual needs of each youth worker, to implement the knowledge transfer segment, to create critical thinking about education in order to have a better educational process.
Location: Port of Sagunt, Valencia, Spain
Date: September 1 to September 7
Have these plans gotten you all excited? Register now! All costs, i.e.: travel, training costs, food and hotel accommodation, are reimbursed by the European Union.
There are a few requirements to participate:
- Participants must be between 18 and 25 years old.
- You must be proficient in the English language
- You must be living in the Netherlands or be in possession of a Dutch proof of identity
- You must be willing to be filmed during the sessions and workshops of the activities
- And to be a broad-minded person who can work together in a group
- The attached form must be completed.